The small town of Livingstone stands as an entry point to Victoria Falls as well as to the surrounding Zambezi region. As far as activities go, Livingstone has something for everyone. Adrenalin-junkies, explorers, romantics and adventurers will all find something here. These are some of the activities:
- Whitewater Rafting – through the Batoka Gorge.
- Canoeing – on the upper Zambezi.
- Horseback Trails – in the Mosi-o-Tunya National Park.
- Gwembe Reptile Park and Safaris crocodiles and snakes at close range
- River Boarding – mega thrills on the Zambezi rapids.
- Bungi Jumping – off the 111 meter high Victoria Falls Bridge.
- Abseiling and Gorge Swinging – off the sheer cliffs of the Batoka Gorge below Victoria Falls .
- Tandem Kayaking – An experienced kayaker will take you through the raging rapids of the Zambezi River, below the Falls.
- Game Safaris – Take a drive or a walk through the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and see all of Zambia’s plains game. No predators are here so the animals are relaxed and easy to observe.
- Microlighting or Helicopter flips over the Falls.
- River Safaris – Quiet jet-propelled boats take you into remote parts of the upper Zambezi.
- Elephant back Safaris – Tame elephants give the best view for game viewing in the Reserve.
- Lion and Cheetah Walks – No leashes or restraints and no enclosures. Young lions are walked in the bush to encourage survival skills and bush knowledge. This is essential to ensure their eventual release into the wild. The Mukuni Research Centre has an ongoing program for conserving and breeding the threatened Cheetah, through education and understanding of this amazing animal.
- Fishing – Spend a day on the magnificent Upper Zambezi River – pitting your skills against the ferocious Tiger Fish or delicious bream as well as various other fish that the Zambezi has to offer.
- Golf – Set in a veritable botanical garden with over 118 tree species, there is an 18-hole course providing a unique African golfing experience. The clubhouse is a national monument and has an excellent restaurant and bar, a gymnasium and a pool.
- Jet Boating – High-speed, jet-propelled boats take you down the rapids.
- Steam Train Rides – over the Victoria Falls Bridge.
ARTS & CRAFTS
For the cultural enthusiast, there is plenty to do in the town of Livingstone:
Livingstone Museum – the oldest museum in Livingstone shows of the town’s history and a collection of pre-history and cultural development.
Craft market – next to the parking area to the entrance of the Mosa oa Tunya National Park is one of the largest craft markets in the town.
World War 1 Museum – again close to the entrance of the Mosa oa Tunya National Park isthe memorial honouring those who lost their lives in the war.
Livingstone Railway Museum – have a look at some of the steam locomotives and coaches that make up the heritage of Zambia’s railway tradition.
Africa Shoes – based on the story of young Toka Leya, this vibrant musical depicts a modern- day Zambian story.